On this day before Thanksgiving, I am full of gratitude for so many things – my family and friends, my delightful daughter, my doting beau, and everyone’s health. I am thankful for the gifts of technology that make it possible for me to work from home with people all around the globe. I am deeply appreciative of the relative ease and small joys that my days hold – from morning walks and the antics of my feline officemates to a hot mug of tea and curling up with a good book. My reasons for gratitude are quite literally countless and always expanding.
And that expansion includes my professional gratitude.
There are so many people whose kindness and generosity have made it possible for me to do what I do and who make my work fulfilling and enjoyable. I cannot possibly name each person individually, but you know who you are.
- Thank you to each person who gave me a chance back when I didn’t yet have any way to prove my competence or creativity. I’m glad you weren’t disappointed.
- Thank you to each person who mentored me, either intentionally or simply by doing great work and being one of the good guys. You inspire me each day.
- Thank you to each person who was ready with moral support, commiseration, and the medicine of laughter. You have no idea how many times you saved my day.
- Thank you to each person who supports my work by reading my blog, commenting, and sharing my posts with others. I am delighted each and every time you show up.
- Thank you to each person who makes my work days fun – my smart, savvy clients and colleagues. You are the reason I do what I do.
I wish each of you a warm and cozy Thanksgiving and a sparkly start to the holiday season. Here’s to bringing the magic alive in whatever way you like best.